Information Collection The Company.
A. Information We Directly Collect From You: We collect the following types of personal information (collectively, “Personal Information”) that you voluntarily provide through the Service.
- Personal Identifiers. A “Personal Identifier” is information that can be used to identify and/or contact a natural person and includes name, postal address, telephone number, or email address.
- Other Personal Information. “Other Personal Information” is information combined with Personal Identifiers that may include your country of residence, demographic information (for example, gender or age), if you make a purchase through the site, credit card information or purchase history, correspondence sent to us through the Service or information regarding your tastes and preferences. In addition, if you register with the Service we ask you to create a unique user ID and password which will be associated with the Personal Identifiers you have provided.
- Communications From You. When you email or write to us, you may provide us with your name, contact details, and other Personal Information as part of your message.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with Personal Information when you telephone or email us to request technical assistance with our products or information that you would like to receive about our products.
- Email/Direct Mail Campaigns That You Approve. If you elect to receive our online newsletters or other promotional email communications, from time to time we may contact you with information about new products, promotions or special offers. If you want to stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, contact us at GoFreeSupport.email@example.com or, if you have an account with us, change your preferences by signing into your account through the Service.
- Registration of Products. If you register a Navico product, you may be asked to provide information that we will use to record you as an owner of a Navico product and to assist us in providing you with product specific accessories, services and information.
- Purchases. If you wish to purchase Navico products through the Service we will require sufficient information to complete your purchase including your credit card information.
- Surveys. From time to time we may conduct surveys in respect of our products and services. Participation in our surveys is optional. However, if you respond to one of our surveys, we may ask you for information such as what type of boat you own, what your experience is with marine electronics, whether you prefer saltwater or freshwater boating and about other preferences that you might have. Unless you otherwise consent, we will only use this information to determine the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you and to operate and improve our product and services offerings.
C. Information That We Automatically Collect From Your Computer: We (or service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect information from you using “session cookies.” Session cookies are small amounts of data that are temporarily stored within your computer’s Internet browser until you exit or close your Internet browser.
Information collected by session cookies may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, browser language, operating system and platform; and/or
- your purchase history.
D. Other Information That You May Choose To Provide:
- Sonar Logs. When you install and use certain of our products, functions within the products may enable you to provide us with sonar logs based on your use of the products.
- Product Reviews. You may have the option to post reviews of our products through the Service. Any review that you post may be viewed by other users of the Service. If you elect to post a review we recommend that you do not post any Personal Information or other information that you do not want to make publicly available. You are solely responsible for any loss of privacy or other harm resulting from the content you post as part of a product review.
Collection of Information by Third Parties.
If you visit or access the Service from a third-party website the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Service. Your activities on the Service while such a code is active may be reported back to the third party website. We will not report any information to these third party websites that will allow them to personally identify you. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of any page on the Service is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
We may also provide social media features through the Service that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
Use of Information Collected By Us. We use the information described above (a) to process and fulfill any orders you place through the Service, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and, if applicable, ship products to you, and (b) to send you information that you have requested about our products and services, and, if you have elected to receive promotional communications, promotions, by email, postal mail, telephone, text message or other means. We may also use this information for our own statistical or analytical purposes, including to help us develop and improve our Service and/or products, and to tailor our Service to your interests. Further, we may incorporate the sonar logs you elect to provide to us into our products and services and may sell these sonar logs to third parties for use in their products and services. Any use of the sonar logs in connection with our products or services, or the products or services of third parties will be on an anonymous basis and your Personal Information will not be associated with the applicable sonar logs.
B. Payment Card Companies: If you place an order through the Service, the information you provide will be transmitted to your payment card company to verify and authorize your purchase.
C. Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
Corrections/Information Removal/Opt-Out. If your name, e-mail or postal address, telephone number or other Personal Information changes, you may update, correct or omit the relevant information by contacting us at GoFreeSupport.firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, if you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from us you may opt-out by emailing us at GoFreeSupport.email@example.com or sending us a letter at: Privacy Officer, 4500 S. 129th E. Ave., Ste. 200, Tulsa, OK, 74134-5885, USA, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us.
You may also request information about how, where and why we collect and use your Personal Information, including information about how we share your Personal Information with third parties, by contacting us at GoFreeSupport.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost or Stolen Information If your credit card, password, or other Personal Information is lost or stolen, you should promptly notify us either by sending us an email at GoFreeSupport.email@example.com or by writing us a letter at: Privacy Officer, 4500 S. 129th E. Ave., Ste. 200, Tulsa, OK, 74134-5885, USA. Prompt notification of lost or stolen information will enable us to cancel the lost or stolen information and update your account with your new, secured information.
Business Transfer. In the event that the Company is sold, has its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity, any customer information owned or under the control of the Company may be one of the transferred assets. Except as prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right, as part of such transaction, to transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected from users of the Service.
Use of Information Outside of Your Country of Residence. When you use the Service, your personal information may be collected, transferred, stored, processed, or otherwise used outside of your country of residence, including outside the EEA. You acknowledge that your Personal Information and other information may be subject to the privacy and data protection laws that may not be the same as such laws and regulations in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal information is adequately protected. These steps may include implementing appropriate agreements or requiring that appropriate technical, operational or security measures are put in place.
Navico Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. A copy of Navico Inc.’s Safe Harbor Policy can be found at http://www.gofreemarine.com/support/Policies. Navico Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Navico’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.